Saturday, September 26, 2009

Correction

Previously, I wrote that I had opened a Flannery bid with 9 points. Director Tom read my blog (since I told him that he was in it) and, when I walked into the Civic Center in New Braunfels yesterday, he told me, with a grin, that I was a dirty, rotten liar. Looking shocked (I wasn't), he told me that I had held 8 points not nine. He didn't buy my argument that I had upgraded my singleton queen of diamonds to 3. Nope, he didn't budge. He said that if I did it again he would throw me out. Shoot, I'm a child of the 60s. I've been thrown out of way better places than a bridge tournie.

We first met Director Tom last year at a sectional early in our duplicate days. Husband/partner had revoked three different times and Tom was quite tired of appearing at our table and ruling against us. At the first board of the session last night, husband/partner revoked. I had even asked, "no spades partner?", remembering Tom's original lecture that a revoke is partly partner's fault if partner does not ask the confirmation question.
Tom didn't even look surprised - one trick penalty. I later misplayed a makeable 3 NT hand to make up for husband/partner's error and give us one zero board each. Luckily, there is no director call for bad play.

Back to New Braunfels in a little while to mine for silver yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment