Thursday, August 27, 2009

and the drought breaks

We managed a respectable .47 second in B yesterday. Actually, partner husband had scored with over a point the day before with his occasional partner, Barney. I wasn't too happy with my game yesterday, misplaying not one but two no trump hands. I was making negative comments about my play for which club owner, Marilyn, fines me a dollar per remark. I have been broke this year from paying her off. Marilyn calls us her "baby seals" since we continue to show up at her club to get clubbed (hence the name I assume).
My friend, Phil, arrived at our table as I was grumbling about something. He offered to get an elastic band for me to wear on my wrist. He also volunteered to snap it every time I made a negative remark for some negative reinforcement to go along with Marilyn's fining technique. These A/B players would do anything to help a little C, particularly if it involves pain.

Janise doesn't want me to mention her in my blog. She keeps pointing out how nice she is to me. She doubled my 4 bid and I went down 4 doubled and vulnerable. Great double, bad bid on my part, but she gets a mention anyway because it didn't feel so "nice". Let it be clear that she herself is very nice though.

So, off to bridge class this morning, then play, then another playing class tonight. Great! My fave kind of day - all bridge with food breaks in between. I really need to start exercising again - maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment