Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Post LM Slump

Everyone warned me about it but I thought - "no - it won't happen to me!"  Hah.  I haven't had a decent game since Reno.  So, that's what being a life master is all about; more bad games than good just like before.  No surprise there.  Partner Carol called me to confirm our Tuesday game and I said, "I have good news and bad news.  The good news is, you have a life master for a Tuesday partner.  The bad news is, it's still me."

Jeri, who is in charge of the mentor/mentee program, waited a whole two days before asking if I would take a mentee.  I don't feel that I know enough about bridge to help anyone with anything but she assured me that I would be fine.  Sure, as long as the mentee knows nothing about the game, I'll be fine.  So, I set up a game with the new mentee for the Monday night pro/am.  She cancelled.  I called Biig Al to see if he was available to play since husband/partner already had a play date.  Biig Al said, " A MENTEE cancelled on YOU; a LIFE MASTER!!??  What is the bridge world coming to?"  Biig Al can be amusing at times.  This wasn't one. Okay, I laughed.  We played; he made a stupid double where they made game counting on me to have 10 points for my pre emptive bid (I didn't) and I made some bonehead judgement errors so we didn't have our best game ever.  I'm putting it down to the continuing PLM slump.

I have to do something to turn things around so I decided to ask you loyal readers what I should do about the blog name.  I'm okay with it since, LM or no, I still FEEL like a bridge newbie but, what do you think?  Should we get a new title?  Beverly has suggested "Bridge Banter".  I like the suggestion but I'm just not sure what to do about renaming the blog at this point.  Let me know what you think.  Push the comment button and write something.  I'm tired of doing all the work.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. How about Duplicate Diary, News from the Dummy, Dummy Diatribe, Contract Bridge Cronicles...

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative suggestions, Barbara. I'll give all of them some thought. I am leaning toward the Dummy ones for the obvious reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care what you call your column, just keep it up! It always gives me a chuckle. Can't wait to read about the bridge cruise!

    ReplyDelete