Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Decision

Biig Al and I played together last Monday.  For most of the round, Al was perusing the menu from the new Chinese restaurant which had just opened next to the club.  Between hands he would ask me if I wanted to try somthing like duck tongues with bitter melon.  I eat about anything but this didn't sound all that appetizing at 10 in the morning.  He was mesmerized by the menu and studying it the way I study Watson.  I'd like to blame his distraction for our so-so game but it was probably my minus 1100 score which did us in.  Bad sacrifice.

After the game, we decamped next door for late lunch/early dinner with Biig Al, Jay and Paula.  The food is great, by the way, for you San Antonio readers.  Most of the staff just got here from China and speak little English.  This is a requirement for really good Chinese food.  I brought up the renaming this blog issue.  Biig Al asked, "Why do you want to rename it?".  I said, "Well, now that I made life master, I can't really call myself a newbie any more." He growled, "Anybody that goes down 2400 is still a newbie."  "It was 1100, Al!!!"  He and Jay agreed that I'm still a newbie so, bowing to the masters, the title stays as is until I win the Bermuda Bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment