Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Warning

I walked into the Bridge Club of San Antonio for my usual Tuesday game with wonderful partner, Carol, and Director Tom was raking in the funds - oh - wait - I mean he was collecting playing fees.  Yep - that was it.  Anyway, in his best megaphone can be heard across the street voice, he said, "Judy! I read your blog and I have a warning to give you".  Uh oh.  I"ve been good.  I haven't opened Flannery two diamonds without the requisite 11 to 15 points although I was sorely tempted one day with 16, but Tom was directing and I didn't dare.  I was mentally reviewing what egregious thing I had documented here which violated some arcane ACBL rule but I was coming up short.

Finally, coming to the end of the line as I patiently waited my chastisement, Tom continued in the same voice (loud enough for everyone to enjoy the story).  "I was playing a regional with a partner who removed everyone's cards from the board.  This obviously annoyed one opponent but my partner continued to do it.  Finally, the opponent with red face, grimace, and muscles tensed said, "I CAN REMOVE MY OWN CARDS FROM THE BOARD.  DON'T TOUCH THEM!"

I said, "Oh great, it's not just me then".  Tom then ended the story with the tag line; "Yeah, and the guy died two weeks later so watch out!"  At that time, David the card pullerouter walked by and I said, "David, I have to rethink this again."  He knew I didn't mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment