Thursday, February 24, 2011

END OF SLUMP? Maybe?

A week ago yesterday, webmaster Steve and I came in first overall in C; respectable.  That night, husband/partner Steve and I won first overall in the tough night game.  I was hopeful but beginning to think that I could only score while playing with someone named Steve.  However, friend/partner Paula and I went to the very fun Rockport, Texas sectional and scored respectably in the first pairs game.  Since then, a few placings have started to trickle in.  It's probably better not to talk about it.

In other news, I have developed a little scoring method to asses where the partnership is during a pairs game.  I make a notation on my score sheet after each board, giving us a grade.  A zero to the right on the score sheet is a bad board, a plus is a good board, and a dash is an average board.  I learned to do this from Biig Al but with a difference.  He always has us above 50 or 60 percent while I usually have us in the basement.  Sadly, I'm usually right.  However, my little scoring method has been remarkably accurate - I'm rarely off our one round to go score by more than 3 percentage points.  It has given me something to do during the slump.  Of course, travelers take all the fun out of it.

Feb. 28th coming up.  Another milestone in the countdown to the end of days.  I guess, if I am lucky, I will end them at a bridge table.


No comments:

Post a Comment