Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rain but not Points

6 + inches yesterday and about 5 more today.  However, no points for me today.  I'll have to find a new theory.  Maybe I will resurrect the fave family sports theory - "due to win".  It drives son, Alex, nuts and he, in an very exasperated manner, not too patiently explains the statistical probability of winning, (usually the Phillies or the Girls (Cowboys) are under discussion), remains the same at the start of each game no matter the record. .  A string of losses, in other words, doesn't change the probability.  I don't like his explanation.  It seems much more logical to me that after a bunch of losses, one (read here  me and not the Phillies or the Girls), should be "due to" win.  I'm ready.  Bring on the New Braunfels sectional this weekend.  I'm due for cascades of silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment