Thursday, September 16, 2010

Omens Never Lie

They just take a while to work.  For the first time ever, I have been running out of hummingbird food because so many of the little beauties have been swarming the patio feeder flashing their gorgeous red throats.  In addition, it did rain a lot and guess what?  Points are rolling in.  Friend Fran and I posted a 67.78 percent game today for first overall and last Tuesday friend Leslie and I posted a 62.2 tying for first overall with big guns, club owner Marilyn and hear much feared partner, Bill.  Last Monday night, great players Terry and Carolyn decided to take us under their wings and straighten out some stuff in our game.  The women placed first with the men second.  Terry wants a rematch.  Husband/partner and I are so grateful to all who help us.  I am very afraid to think that I am actually improving for fear that the bridge goddess will whack me a good one.  I will keep those burnt offerings going as suggested by club manager/friend Paula. Actually, Paula likes the "due to" theory better.  In case she is wrong, where did I put those matches and incense?

No comments:

Post a Comment