Friday, July 23, 2010

New Orleans

July in New Orleans?  Are we totally  nuts?  Not only that, a low pressure system is headed toward the Big Easy on Sunday, the day we fly in.  Yesterday, Craig the Magic Hair Dude (magic because he makes my hair look great for about an hour until I mess it up) asked me why we were going to New Orleans.  When I told him, he asked me what I get if we win.  I said, "Gold Points".  He said, "Oh great - how much do you get for them when you turn them in?"  If only.  When I explained it was a title/standing/ego driven thing he was beyond perplexed as any lover of Vegas would be.

With any luck, we will be intrepidly boarding a Southwest flight on Sunday with friend Rebecca.  Bring on Tropical Storm Bonnie!  I hope the Marriott's windows don't blow out in the middle of my 7NT hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment